The core of DBpedia is extracted from Wikipedia’s infoboxes via the
generic extraction using the
These provide the largest coverage with over 50k different properties. Based on this Mappings are created that refine these properties into
These are less diverse (only around 1000 properties) with less coverage, but have a much higher quality.
How to edit Mappings
In order to edit Mappings we are using a Mappings Wiki. Everybody can register and help improve the Mappingbased Extraction.
How to retrieve mapped data
There are several places where you can retrieve mapped data:
- the frequent dumps for the mapping based extraction accessible via: http://dev.dbpedia.org/Mappingbased_Extraction
- DBpedia Live Extraction (under maintenance, update of Mappings not working yet 5th May, 2019, UnmodifiedFeeder)
- At each page in the mappings wiki there is a link
Test this mapping, for example here: http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_en:Infobox_Company
- In the mappings wiki there is a short manual about custom extractions: http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Main_Page#Custom_or_Default_Extractor
- (planned) as part of the GlobalFactSync Proect we are developing a GUI for inspecting data from different Wikipedia language editions and Wikidata. A prototype is here: https://global.dbpedia.org